Monday, July 18, 2005

It's too late when you die!




Spent a blissful day in Rhyl yesterday seeing the very lovely Mr James Fox. It is so great that the kids are old enough now so we can all go out for the day and go off and do our own thing.
We went with my sister Ange and her 4 year old son (my nephew) Joe.
I spent 4 hours stood out in the open air for the few odd 10 minute sightings of the gorgeous welshman....Don't get me wrong. The acts that were served up were great and I enjoyed it tremendously , but i am wondering if it means i have gone completely bonkers. I mean, this isn't even Alistair Griffin!!! (OK so you will no doubt get to hear a lot about him in the coming months) Added to my slight fear of madness, I have been completely sunburnt on only 1 side of my body. The left side of my face and neck and the left arm are very sore today! as are my feet, Have you ever tried standing for 4 hours in one spot in flip-flops? I think I need a pedicure.

So the artists that I saw....First of all Lisa Scott-Lee. I never understand how an artist can go up on stage in front of hundreds of people and just mime. She is a great performer but I would have loved to actually hear her sing.
Next there was a band called Wired Daisies. They were great a real good live band which is what the music industry should be all about but of course we know it isn't these days.
Next Lisa's brother Andy Scott-Lee. Well I have never taken any notice of him before but boy is he gorgeous PHWOOAAARRR!!!!! He also has a mighty fine voice. He sang a cover of Del Amitri's Roll to me and also his new single which is called Saturday on Mars.
The next offering were total load of shite. A band called Alabamha 3. Only there were more like about 8 of them. The lead singer wore a black suede cowboy style jacket covered in tassles with Black jeans and a huge black cowboy hat. He was jumping about all over the stage and out in the audience. Apparently their song was used in the Sopranos TV show but that just went over my head. I used their performance to go off and find my sister and the kids on the beach. A well-earned ice-creamed was then consumed before i went back for more.

Rowetta was on-stage by the time i got back, I had lost my place at the front so the plan was to try and get back near the front again. I didn't watch the X-factor so I had no idea what she was going to be like. She has a very powerful voice and i was very surprised...She did an excellent rendition of Oasis' Stop crying your heart out. I was very impressed!

Most of the audience must have been there to see the next act. It was Tony Christie who is re-visiting fame thanks to Peter Kay bringing back his hit Way to Amarillo. I was most disappointed. It took them a while to get the band on and assembled then he just sang to a backing track. Now what on earth was the point of having a full on band there if they weren't going to play?? It is beyond me. Tony also did his other hits Avenues & Alleyways and I did what I did.
The last act of the day was Paul Carrack of Squeeze and Mike & the mechanics fame. I didn't really know much about him but there were hoards around me who were obviously there just for this moment. He did a 1hour set including old and new hits. Of course I knew all the oldies. The Living years, Tempted, Looking back, When you walk in the room. I felt quite invigorated as i sung along and swayed and clapped with the fans.

As the music ended and James and his lovely assistant said goodbyes I left to find my family. I could feel my face burning and my arm and just knew i was in for some pain. I couldn't resist a little go in the arcades so i wondered into one to use up the last of my 2ps. Wahoo! I won a little keyring - Sully from Monster's inc. I was dead proud of myself and had something to take home as a souveneir of my trip. Happy days!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home