Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Do you ever think of me.

Was flicking through the channels last night when I came across the video for Anthony Costa's new Debut solo single Do you ever think of me. Extremely different to the classic Blue stuff and surprisingly good. Obviously the Pop-tish of Blue wasn't his cup of tea and he is trying to be true to his own tastes. Maybe trying to emulate Bryan Adams crossed with Robbie Williams...Aren't they always trying to be the New Robbie Williams?
Unfortunately however good he might be and however many fans he might have, It most likely won't come to much as even the gorgeous voice, lyrics and tunes of Lee Ryan (Former Blue bandmate) didn't seem to enchant enough to get to the top. Lee has had 3 singles so far off his debut solo album but you wouldn't really know it if you weren't paying much attention.

Of course all this means nothing as deep down I want to be lying in bed flicking through the music channels and seeing Alistair Griffin on there. I want to be hearing his gorgeous songs and voice and seeing his beautiful face on my screen. I get so worked up and angry because it isn't fair that just because they were in a boyband they get an automatic second chance to write and sing their own songs (although I highly doubt that Costa's release was penned by him) Then there is the added annoyance that Alistair himself only missed out to the non-talent of Simon Webb to be in the band in the first place.

........And don't get me started at the attempt at solo success of ex-kitten Liz McClarnon (A Barbara Streisand Cover!!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

"Of course all this means nothing as deep down I want to be lying in bed flicking through the music channels and seeing Alistair Griffin on there".

It's not something I've thought of much recently, at least not in those terms, but some how that sentence just speared through all the layers and hit me. Because it's true...so thank you for reminding me.

24/1/06 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home