Friday, January 20, 2006

Deeply Dippy

I know I can be scatty but today is one of those days where I could kick myself for being such a ditzy cow.

This afternoon I had to meet DS after school for an opticians appt. Although it has only been 4 months since he got his last prescription, he is having problems at school seeing the board so I thought it best to have his eyes checked out again. Its a good job I did as his eyes have worsened considerably (like a growth spurt really as the Optician said it is to be expected at his age)

So we had to wait an hour while the glasses were made up. I didn't really have any money on me so we couldn't go for a drink or anything so we went and sat down on a bench for a while. Then I remembered that I have an M&S voucher that I got for Christmas so we decided to go have a look in there to kill some time. (I didn't find anything I liked)

When we got back to the opticians I suddenly realised that I didn't have my handbag, I had a couple of bags of shopping that I had got earlier but no handbag. I suddenly panicked and the assistant said she would deal with DS while I go look. I went straight to the bench where we sat as It is more than likely that is where I left it. Of course this is me so it wasn't there. I asked in a couple of nearby shops if it had been handed in but nothing. I re-traced my steps round all the shops we visited since we left the opticians the first time but no luck. My phone and my keys were in my coat pocket but not my inhaler which, at this time, I was in need of quite bad.

I know I have no chance of getting it back.
I haven't really lost much of value. There was a few pound coins in there that I had been saving for the TV meter, my M&S voucher, a shopping voucher that my sister gave me, about 50p in change. Also there was my ATM card which I easily cancelled as soon as I got in, all more store loyalty cards which I have found that I could cancel and order new ones online. I am just so annoyed at myself that I could so happily have wandered around town not even noticing that I didn't have my bag. I used to carry around this huge shoulder bag that I got the piss taken out of regularly, Had I been carrying that I would never have left it...

The only good thing that I can think of to make me smile about the whole stupid thing is that I get to go out and buy a new Handbag....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if you were a real shopper Jen, you would know you really don't have to go to these extreme lengths to buy a new bag...

Seriously though, glad you managed to get it sorted out.

20/1/06 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home