Thursday, December 29, 2005

Twas the night before Christmas...

....and all through the house, Nothing was stirring not even the TV set. That's right, Christmas eve and my sister and I were just about to settle down with a bottle of wine and some choccies to watch the Gorgeous Mr. Matt Damon in The Bourne Supremacy when the Cable went off. We tried unplugging it and plugging it in but that made no difference. I ran outside to see if someone had tampered with the box but no that was fine. The Broadband had also gone off (Same company) so I ran across the road in my socks to see if my neighbour had lost theirs and they had.

So it's Christmas eve and no TV, What do we do?? Usually on this night I would settle down to watch The Nightmare before Christmas but with all my tidying and clearing up I have misplaced the video that it was recorded on!!!! So we decided to put on the Muppet Christmas Carol video and I got to it with wrapping all my presents and doing my Santa duties (Yes, well he is rather busy so there a re a few things that he franchises out to us parents) The TV finally came back on at 1.30am so I watched Blackadder before finally going to bed

Christmas Day went by as fast as always. I got some really lovely presents....Live 8 DVD; The whole Nightmare on Elm Street series Box set; A gorgeous little purse; a scented Christmas candle that scents the whole room even still in it's wrapping; Eminem Curtain Call album; Some really comfy slippers from the kids; bath things And a brand new cutlery set that I specifically asked for.
As usual no one was able to eat all the Christmas dinner due to me cooking for the army, we were all so stuffed that we never even got to the Christmas pudding so that is still sat in it's box in the kitchen.

Boxing Day was a trip to my sister's to see what million things my niece and nephew got and to eat and drink and play daft party games. Has anyone else tried the brand new I'm a celebrity board game?? If you have please tell me how on earth you are supposed to get any enjoyment from it...We played for 1 and a half hours and still didn't get anywhere...in the end we just lost the will to live and gave up. Playing Telly Addicts and Now that's what I call music DVD games were much more fun!!

These days in between Christmas and New Year are quite boring. There is nothing on TV and it is way too cold and icy out to want to go anywhere. Of course there will be those of you who are enjoying the January sales...but you know me and shopping ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home