Monday, December 12, 2005

Grandparents

Well got the toughest chore of the Holiday season out the way.
Of course I love my grandparents to pieces. They have been our only family since our parents passed away 11 years ago and they have really helped me out financially during the past few years. It is really quite difficult to see them both as frail as they now are.
My grandad was always this larger than life figure. I always said he was a bit of a cross between Victor Meldrew and Alf Garnett. He had an opinion about everything and everyone and was never stuck for a word to say to you. Now he is only a fraction of the size he was and was sat there with a blanket. He hardly said a word and I did feel a bit awkward around him.
My Nan was also a shade of her former self. Tottering about still pretending she can do everything.

My one big urk was this...Why is it that Grandparents go on and on about how you have put on weight and then at meal time they are trying to stuff more and more food down your throat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home