Saturday, December 03, 2005

RIP GB


I thought that this morning I might watch the George Best funeral. He was a very colourful man who lead a very colourful life.
I didn't know much about his playing career as it was way before my time but I know a lot about the man who he became. I used to enjoy watching him as a pundit on the Sky footie program on a Saturday afternoon. He was always as frank and honest about his life as he was about the football.

However I found I was bawling my head off just listening to the Doctors talk about him. I don't think I could have stayed watching while his family spoke of him.

I didn't really know much about George's son Callum until he started to appear on Celeb reality shows. I didn't think he and his father were that close but he obviously had a lot of respect for his old dad (And if The Match was anything to go by, certainly took a lot of footie skills from him)
He has been the speaker for the family during George's illness and has been very emotional.

Rest in Peace George Best!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realise it was on TV but I listened on Radio 5 and also cried. I grew up hearing all about him from my mum who supports Man Utd and idolised him. He was indeed a fantastic footballer, whatever else people may say about him. RIP George.

3/12/05 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home