Friday, November 25, 2005

Take me to the edge

I think all 5 of us were on tenterhooks as we walked through the doors. For a short space of time The Bedford had felt like a home from home for me. I couldn't wait to get there..So why was it so difficult to get my foot over that door?
Luckily a few of our friends were sat just inside so it was a warm welcome..so much needed.
The minute I saw Alistair across the room my legs turned to Jelly. Even though he was stood with his (ex?) girlfriend it didn't stop my heart racing like it used to and my mouth going dry and my stomach doing the most weirdest of things....Well it seemed nothing had changed in that department. I obviously still fancy the pants off him as always.

We had an hilarious evening. I was so pissed (Drunk) I had one really weird giggly moment where a friend made a comment about something and we both just cracked up. We couldn't stop laughing and then just when you thought it was all over, we would look at each other and, yep we were off again.
It was great to catch up with Gayle and Corinne again. Thanks guys for all your great comments on here...Keep 'em coming...It is what inspires me to carry on. (Oh Nik, I missed you)

You know, on the train all the way home I was composing this half in my head. I was still in Alcohol high when I wrote the first half and it is a bit more intense than this half.

I was having so much fun all night. Imagine if I hadn't gone..The Bedford, How could I have not been there?
Apart from the singing (Which I will get onto I promise) it was wonderful to just see Alistair wandering around the place. I went into the bar at one point to buy drinks and he was there. Standing there twiddling his hair all nervously like he does. I did catch his eye a couple of times too which was nice. He spent a lot of time standing on the landing chatting to people. There was a time when I was stood next to him for..I don't know how long...I longed to actually run my fingers through his hair and maybe just one more vodka would have done it for me and I wouldn't have thought twice about it....Of course I never actually drummed up the courage to speak to him......STOP!!! How did that happen? A year ago I wasn't bothered about talking to him anymore and now I am stood next to him all doe-eyed and drooling like he is the next Mr Universe or something (Actually I can't stand men with big muscles) He is chatting away to my friends and glancing at me occasionally but I couldn't actually drag my tongue around my mouth to put together a sentence to say to him...Right so now he thinks I have turned into an ignorant cow.

The actual set itself. When I first went to the Bedford to see Alistair I referred to the feeling I had like being a puddle on the floor. It has happened many times since and it happened last night too. From the moment he opened his mouth to sing his first song Secrets inside I was sold. His voice is what reeled me in originally and that is the big hook that will get you everytime. How could I give up wanting to do this? Listening to him? What could I possibly gain from cutting him out of my life like that? As I have said, he could have sung Baa Baa Black sheep for all I care.
The evening was also very special as Al was airing 3 brand new never heard before songs for the first ever time. He was clearly very nervous about this. A lot of the fans are very critical but why he thought no one would like them God only knows. They were superb...I want to hear more, and more, and more....and possibly a bit more too. 3 Tremendous rocky upbeat but quite emotional tracks, gets your foot-tapping and even brought on a few tears for me. That might have just been the emotion of the evening. The first song called "something's going on" I already know all the words to.
There is talk of an album on the horizon which I guess would mean he would have to tour...THE WHOLE OF ENGLAND. I am not bothered about an album as it is hearing him sing live that I love most but if it means he is going to come a bit further South more often then I am all for it.

Oh yes I will probably get really upset if gigs are announced and I can't go and probably will still be crying into my beer...(How far is it to Whitby again?) but I guess I am really in it for the long haul..Sorry Al seems you can't get rid of me that easily after all...Not sure about rejoining the forums though, seems my first big post back has got someone's back up already...SORRY

One thing I noticed is I am so good at earwigging other people's conversations with Al but when I myself have had conversations with him in the past, I never seem to have taken a blind bit of notice of anything he said to me....It must be those eyes...

By the way, you did get it didn't you? I've lived I've dyed...I guess it only works if you have ever actually seen me ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home