Thursday, November 17, 2005

Could it be magic?

Did you see it?
I have been crying my eyes out all evening watching the Take That reunion documentary on ITV1.
Now I feel all emotional and nostalgic...I think I will spend all day tomorrow just watching all my old TT videos.

Of course, you might guess that Gary was my fave..Well Everyone either loved Mark or Robbie so I wanted to be different and my life for 5 years was devoted to Gary. I have his autograph somewhere. I wrote to him at his home in Cheshire and he sent me a lovely little letter and a signed pic. I was more than chuffed at the time...more so that is was a pre-printed signed photo that he had written an extra message on.

I had all the merch:- Hats; badges; The TT jewellry; the TT perfume which was called Pray; Photos; scrapbooks; The monthly TT magazine; calendars and I still have all my old Take That t-shirts hung up in my wardrobe. I had all the cd singles and albums including all imports and special editions. I also had some very special friends. I remember one friend called Sina. She was German but would travel the world following the boys and she sent me photos from all her travels. I have some lovely special pics that she took just for me. Oh yeah I forgot I also have the Take That dolls upstairs in my cupboard ;-)

It was a very sad day the day they split up. I can remember being sat glued to MTV all day when the press conference was announced. As the boys entered the room the tears started falling as we all knew what was to come and then after, as they showed all the distraught girls on the screen I was blubbing away uncontrollable here in my front room at the same time as being on the phone to my friend.

I can also remember being devastated when it was obvious that Gary wasn't going to be successful as a solo star. I loved Robbie too but I hated that he could be so arrogant and Gaz couldn't do anything about it. However, seeing the show today, you can see that each got the best of life. Gary has a gorgeous wife and 2 fantastic children and he lives in this huge mansion in Cheshire that looks straight out of some glamorous glossy mag. He is still busy working as a writer/producer and seems extremely happy and obviously doing very well thank you.
Robbie of course and his huge ego are also where they belong only I would guess that he wasn't the happiest of the 2 (I can't stand Nigel Martyn-Smith myself but I think that is the one statement he made in the whole of the show that I could agree with)

So if I don't post tomorrow then you know why!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a very illuminating show but I have to confess TT sort of passed me by...I don't possess one of their singles/albums! Prior to the AG 'experience' the only ones I followed were The Jam and Boyzone (eclectic taste I know!) It once again highlighted that the music industry isn't a very nice one, and seemingly you have to make the choice of loosing your mind or your profile!

PS when I say followed...I didn't mean in the physical sense!!!lol

17/11/05 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home