Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Macbeth and other stories

Well as predicted, I wasn't too impressed with this weeks Shakespeare interpretation. I think there are many factors why I didn't enjoy it. It is so long since I have read the original play itself that I was having a hard time.Also I couldn't work out which characters were which (Apart from the Macbeths and Duncan) Maybe if I had just focussed on the story and forgotten that it was Macbeth, I might have relaxed and enjoyed it for what it was (As it is a good storyline in itself and would stand up in todays society)
It was set in a Hotel. Joe Macbeth was the head chef but Duncan was the Owner and a celebrity TV chef so he took all the credit for Joe's work.
The best part of the whole thing for me was the way they did the witches as 3 binmen...a very interesting way of tackling them...Very impressed.

DD enjoyed it though and she has gone off to her English class to discuss it today

Taming of the Shrew next week. That should be an easy one as there have been so many movies and plays based on the story. One of my favourite movies - 10 things I hate about you is based on the story....and of course the most famous one is definitely Kiss me Kate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home