Monday, November 21, 2005

Oh Pooh!!!

Had a big plan for today. Get up, send the kids to school, have a bath, wait for postie, Go to hairdressers.......didn't work out that way though.
While we were sat here eating breakfast at 7am - The gas went off (I pay for my gas by using a pre-pay metre) So we sat here like little ice blocks because there isn't anywhere around that sells gas at that time in the morning. So my early bath was out the window as there was no hot water. As soon as the kids had gone at 8am I donned my coat and scarf to tramp around all the shops and find one that might sell them.
By the time I had re-loaded the gas metre and the water had warmed up to a bathable temperature, It was 9am and I didn't want to risk getting in the bath and the postman coming. Oh the reason I am waiting for the Postman? DD won a new phone on ebay a couple of weeks ago and is now getting very impatient for its arrival. I don't want to risk missing its delivery and having to go up to the collection office for it.
The most frustrating thing is that I got an email around lunch-time from the seller of said phone..IT WASN'T EVEN POSTED YET!!!! so I promptly got in the bath and missed my chance of going to the hairdressers...
I am assured that the phone has now been posted so another wait tomorrow for postie to arrive.

This evening was the 3rd in the Shakespeare series. Taming of the Shrew. It was brilliant. very funny and very enjoyable with Katherine as candidate for new leader of the opposition and her sister Bianca a top international model. This one certainly stands up against other versions I have seen....Last one next week......A midsummer night's dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home