Monday, November 28, 2005

.....and here it is

The one major drawback about following Alistair Griffin round the country has always been the Post-gig downer.
It would never matter how good the gig was, how terrific are his voice/songs/performance, how great a laugh, the people....You knew that the downer would come when you least expect it.(Probably even harder the better it was)
I don't know if it happens to other fans of other artists...probably not as they don't get to see their idol as much as we always did.
You never know when it is going to come either. Yesterday I was on cloud nine. Couldn't get enough of listening to the audio of the evening. Playing it over and over again....I even know most the lyrics now...Maybe that's it, maybe we shouldn't have the recordings to listen to.
I just know that today is going to be very hard going because suddenly out of nowhere - the post-Griffin downer is upon me. I went to bed with a smile on my face and woke not wanting to get out of bed....EVER AGAIN!!! My lovely 3 days of back to Griffin heaven is now replaced by the doom and gloom misery of before.

Most of the time, the downward trail would be easy to cope with because you knew there would be another upper around the corner but these days it is hard to tell what is around the corner. Lots of rumour and hearsay floating about but you never know until you get the great word from on-high (ag.co.uk usually) There was mention of something in York but with only less than 4 weeks to Christmas it is looking very slim.
It would have helped I guess if I had found a remedy for the downer...expect it and deal with it when it comes but I don't think I ever found a remedy for it.

Luckily this week I have planned to begin my Christmas shopping so I can throw myself into that....It will take up all my energy to get round all the shops and find everything I need anyway so no doubt that will take my mind off it...you know how hopeless I am with shopping!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home