Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Computer Guru????

There was a plan to Monday (isn't there always?) However as I was sitting down to my lunch, the door went and it was my neighbour asking me for help with their computer. I put down my soup expecting to be back in about 10 minutes but the problem was much worse than that.

It is so frustrating when I try to go and help someone out and don't know what the hell I am doing. Don't get me wrong, I have been around computers for a few years now. I have had my fair share of crashes, freezes and the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!
I ended up being there for 3 hours altogether. DD got home from school and wondered what had happened, I can't blame her, the door was unlocked; the radio was still on; I was half way through composing and email and my soup was sat there half eaten. Without much help from me they managed to get it up and running again. I also got them set up with firewall and new anti-virus programs and showed them how to clean-up and defrag as these are things that you never get shown when you buy a computer for the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home