Saturday, January 14, 2006

Never see Craig Harris in the same light again

Well, I have been sworn off Reality type shows ever since FA and the discovery of the Gorgeous Mr Griffin. The last 3 years I have stayed well away from the likes of X-Factor, Pop Idol, Big Brother and all the other million shows of the same format.

However this week I have been glued to the screen for Soapstar Superstar. I thought it would just be a laugh. I am a big Soap fan and so I know all the characters like my own family but who knew they were going to be so talented?!
It was quite obvious from the beginning that even in the tough competition, young Corrie star Richard Fleeshman was a very strong frontrunner for the title. He has everything, in fact what Simon Cowell might call The X-Factor. I actually found myself getting all excited and emotionally involved and feeling just like a I did 3 years ago watching FA2. Thank God it is only a week long show otherwise I would probably be a wreck by the end of it!

Tonight was the Grand Finale. The 2 finalists were Richard and fellow Corrie star Andy Whyment (Kirk Sutherland). In My opinion the 2 biggest talents on the show.

The moment of the whole show for me was hearing Richard singing Wherever you will go. Over the past 3 years this has become a bit of an anthem for Griffin fans. I think we have all forgotten that it was actually originally a song by The Calling...for us it is Al's song. Corrine explains how it felt when Alistair left it out of his set list for the first ever time. I wasn't sure I wanted to hear it really but I just had tears streaming down my cheeks although I was grinning...I sort of wandered off back to when Alistair sang it on FA......

I am so glad I decided to record the final tonight.

Richard Fleeshman is the very worthy winner of Soapstar Superstar and at the age of 16 it can only be onward and upward for him....He says that he has his whole life ahead of him and doesn't want to rush into anything but he is so grounded, he has great parents and obviously great people around him that I think he could get himself a Popstar career and yet still stay in Corrie as the Goth styled Romeo to Rosie's Juliet for very many years to come.

WELL DONE LAD YOU SO DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home