Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sun is in the sky, Oh why Oh why would I wanna be anywhere else?...

...Today has been a glorious day. The perfect day to jump on the Bandwagon and walk through town with Lily Allen blaring from my headphones. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a little spring in my step or even if I was singing out loud.
The Sun was out, the sky was blue, People were walking about in shirt sleeves and strappy tops and it really looked like summer was finally here. OK, so it wasn't London Town but near enough (When compared to Middlesbrough town of course) Why Middlesbrough? well they are big news at the moment as they have just secured a place in the UEFA cup final.

Back to this Bandwagon. I first heard of Lily Allen I think when I went to Aled Jones' (Of the Moyles Breakfast team) MySpace profile. Nik sent me the link to her MySpace profile and I become hooked on LDN. It is a bright and trippy summer song although there is a cynial even sinister background if you listen to the lyrics. There are worse Bandwagons to jump on. Even Jo Whiley is playing her now and calling her the female Mike Skinner...Well I am not sure about that but I can imagine she has bigger things coming.

The thing I hate about this gorgeous weather is that it is still cold inside the house and I still have to put the damn fire on so when I go outside in me big coat, I am sweltering....

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Anyone who can fit:

"Oh little brother please refrain from doing that,
I'm trying to help you out so can you stop being a twat,
It's time that you and I sat down and had a little chat,
Look me in the eye take off that stupid fitted cap."

into a song is alright in my head. That's not from LDN though, it's from Alfie, which I love. I sooo can't wait to see her play live!

29/4/06 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home