Monday, May 01, 2006

Gotta have friends

I often get really maudling, going round moaning I have no friends, being miserable for one thing or another but last night proved that actually I do have some really good friends.

I was sat here working on my Cafepress stuff and chatting to Nik when the phone rang. I thought it was just my sister who has a habit of ringing when she is bored but as soon as I picked up I got all excited because it was Alistair on the other end singing Somethings going on. Awful as it may seem, I had forgotten all about the gig he was doing. I think I trained myself that If I can no longer go to these things then I have to put them out of my mind.
At that point I had no clue who my mystery caller was but I put the phone on handsfree so I could listen and type...(I had to give a running commentary to those on the forum that also couldn't get there)

It sounded fantastic for saying it was just coming from a mobile phone. I was getting goosebumps and cheering and clapping along with the rest of the crowd as if i had been transported there myself. I couldn't hear the talkie bits but his voice as always was stunning.

I was expecting just a couple of songs but was able to listen to the whole set.

So I just wanted to use this space to say a big THANK YOU!!!! to Gayle for including me in what seemed to be a very special night...even if there is still no word on the new band name.

Till next time XXXXXXX

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem Jen, was glad to be able to do it. Sorry you got to hear our tuneless singing at the same time! x

1/5/06 4:38 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Nonsense...That just made me feel all the more included, at least you couldn't hear me ;-)

2/5/06 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home