Saturday, May 06, 2006

She's pretty in Pink

Friday night TV has become a non-event these days. It used to be that there would be some great comedy shows on and then end the eveing with an old movie, but not anymore.
Last night after EastEnders finished at 8.30pm I couldn't find anything to watch. I was flicking back and forwards through the channels until my fingers were sore. Then I came upon VH1 which had a program on called 100 greatest teen stars. I thought I would watch that a bit until My Name is Earl came on but I got into it and was enjoying the nostalgia so much that I watched it all the way to the end.

I really thought that Johnny Depp would be number 1, I must have missed him as they couldn't have missed him out of the 100 greatest teens. All the greats from the 80's were in there...Andrew McCarthy, Rob Lowe, Winona Ryder,Jason Bateman,Corey Haim & Corey Feldman, Matt Dylan, Will Smith, Ally Sheedy, Helen Slater, Jason Priestley, Shannon Doherty not to mention Michael J Fox and Tom Cruise.
I couldn't believe that all the time I have been watching the Dead Zone that Anthony Michael Hall who plays Johnny Smith is The same Anthony Michael Hall that played Brian in The Breakfast club. Mind you, to see how he has changed, you can probably forgive me for not noticing him...







There were a few recent teen stars in there too like Hilary Duff and Lyndsey Lohan and a few american sitcom stars from the 80s who I never heard of.

Of course the number 1 slot was given to Molly Rigwald of Pretty in Pink and The Breakfast club fame. Although TBC is one of my all-time fave movies, I never actually got around to seeing Pretty in Pink which is shocking if you imagine actually missing seeing another Andrew McCarthy movie!


2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

I don't watch the Dead Zone, but oooh you can see the resemblance when you put the two pics together. Wouldn't have been able to tell if I just saw the second. How exciting! I love The Breakfast Club :D

6/5/06 8:22 PM  
Blogger Kurt Iverson said...

Dead Zone Season 5! June 2006!! He's also doing movies. If you want to follow along in his progress, read about it at The Anthony Michael Hall Experience!

24/5/06 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home