Monday, August 08, 2005

It's you and me tonight


Every so often when the kids have gone to bed I like to indulge myself with some chocolate, some vodka and some Griffin....Middlesbrough Town hall November 2004....One of the landmark gigs he has done in my opinion. As I sat and watched the video of the full gig, I realised that is the Alistair that I miss. He was on top of the world that night...It was his first full gig, He had planned it for weeks. Hired the venue, even got the fans involved by distributing fliers and all his family and friends were involved in putting together the whole night. It was well anticipated and on the night it couldn't have been any better.
As I watched the video, I could see he was like a little boy on Christmas morning. He really owned that stage and you just couldn't fail to see his beaming smile. Even as the set came to an end....He didn't want to leave the stage and persuaded the band to do just one more number.

I remember as we left the hall that night, I was speechless. Dumbfounded because I knew he was good but he just knocked me for six. I was so proud of him and felt so lucky that I could be there to see such a fantastic performance.....Of course I regained the power of speech shortly after and as some will tell you, I couldn't shut up then for the rest of the night.

Since that night, I have been hoping to see that Alistair again, the one that commanded the stage and had confidence and belief in what he is doing...I am hoping that sometime soon I will see him......He has so much in him still to give I am sure of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home