Sunday, July 24, 2005

Truly Madly Deeply

Sat here listening to the radio not really taking much notice when Truly Madly Deeply comes on. It is a 90s hit by Savage Garden. Not too spectacular I know, not even a favourite song of mine but I perked up my ears. I carried on working and next song came on...Wherever you will go by The Calling. So now I sit up and listen. Thing is, It isn't the same....You are wondering what it is all about well it is a Griffin thing you see.
These 2 songs are 2 covers that Alistair did on the FA show. I never liked TMD but fact is it is now a song I will eternally link with him. Wherever you go on the other hand is a totally different thing altogether. It has almost become the Athem of Griffin fans all over the world (Ali's Army as they were christened in the early days) It isn't until you hear The Calling version that you actually remember that it is a cover as he has taken it and made it his own. He sings it at every gig and even dedicated it to his fans back in November in York. I think it has to be the only Rock song that can bring me to tears yet I am still not entirely sure why I cry when I hear it..too much emotion attached to a song can't be good.

This has been a bit of a ramble really but just had to get it down LOL

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al singing WYWG (especially live) sends shivers down my spine. It has so much meaning, it just seems to sum us up. And it makes me smile whenever I hear it because it has so many memories attached to it.

24/7/05 10:34 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

I've enjoyed reading your Blog, Jembie, good luck with it.

I still love listening to Alistair sing - he always makes me smile too :)

25/7/05 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home