Sunday, July 31, 2005

All pissed up and nowhere to go

What a jam-packed day Saturday was. First of all I really wanted to be in Scarborough..Oh Yes I did! It was a long awaited return to performing for the Gorgeous Alistair. Beach party on Scarborough south bay beach.....However the weather had other ideas and in hindsight, I am so glad I didn't go all that way.
I was promised a phone call though so I could sit and listen to his set from the warm comfort of my front room.
Also Saturday night was the birthday party of my little sister. Ok she is 25 but she is still my baby sister. So the day was busy with juggling the phone call, following the events from the 2 forums and getting ready for the evening. We were hoping that the local radio would be broadcasting events from the beach on the internet stream so if you can imagine all these eager people huddled round their computers all over the country excited to hear the familiar tones of The Griffin.

Unfortunately the event wasn't broadcast so it was down to me to keep everyone informed as I listened to it over my phone. A couple of years ago I would have thought this a stupid past-time but now I celebrate the Mobile phone and whoever it was that first had the idea of phoning friends from gigs. It was wonderful to hear Alistair's voice over the phone, clear as day. It was a bit of a struggle though, listening and keeping both forums informed of what was happening as well as keeping one ear on the radio stream in case they did play any of it. At the same time I was also texting a friend, who was otherwise engaged, and keeping her up to date with events.

Once Alistair had left the stage after the encore of *Bring it On My very generous caller told me that he may be back later so she would ring me then. OH NO!!!! I was planning to go in the bath...What do I do? Well I have been in this predicament before - It was a James Fox gig. I had gone in the bath thinking the call wasn't coming and so I got to hear him singing Jessie whilst relaxing in the tub. So I decided to take the chance and opt for the tub. My phone did ring but unfortunately it was with news that there was to be no 2nd set. Everyone was soaked through and headed off back to their respected hotels!


Later Saturday night
PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!! It was my little sister's birthday and I was ready to get pissed. I had a bottle of Strawberry Vodka and a bottle of what I think was Mango or some such exotic fruit and Vodka. I have to admit that by midnight I was feeling slightly queasy and had to switch to water...However for a change it was someone else throwing up So that was a first. I just about survived the screaming toddler although If they hadn't left when they did, who knows what I might have done...There is only so much you can take when it isn't your own kids...Thank God mine always manaaged to behave themselves.
We finally left at 3am as my daughter had to be up for 7. I left the party in full flow so God only knows what state everyone else is in today. I, however, feel great. Not a headache or queasy stomach to be found...RESULT!!!!!

Just thought I should add that my little sis is in fact 25

*In case anyone hasn't heard it you can find several live versions of Bring It On HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home