Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bad communication

The housing association which I rent my house from (And have done for 11 years) has a community room on a neighbouring street. I had this great idea to get rid of some of the junk in my house.
I put together a plan to put on our own little family autumn fair. We could have tables set up to sell stuff, the kids could put together a few little games and we could do a refreshments stall selling coffee/tea/cakes etc...
So with the excitement of our little venture I phoned the housing office to find out about hiring the hall out. Unfortunately I was told that the woman in charge was away and would I please ring back the following week.......So I waited and rang back again but the woman in charge was with a client..So they took my number and I was told she would ring me back....So I waited a couple of days for her to ring back and she didn't. So I rang again. I explained what it was I wanted and was told that they don't actually deal with the hiring out at that office. So they gave me the number of the main office. I rang the main office and the woman I spoke to there didn't even know what I was talking about and told me to ring the other office. I explained that it was them who told me to ring....So, the main office gave me the number of the Caretaker who looks after the hall. I was sure to get some information from them.
I rang the Caretaker number and, yes, You guessed it...It was out of service.

Extremely frustrated I decided to give up.

The other day I was in the bath when the phone rang....When I got out the bath, I rang the number back and it was the housing office. Unfortunately though the woman had now left the office for the day so I gave them my number and she was supposed to ring me again yesterday.......She didn't!!!!

What is the point of all this?
Well....I didn't actually tell any of these people that I am a tenant so this is the kind of service they are giving to the general public. What is the point of having this facility if no one can ever use it because the staff at the association are so incompetent!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home