Sunday, October 09, 2005

A wonderful day

I have just spent a fantastic day looking after my(Nearly 1 year old) niece and (4 year old) nephew while my very lucky Sister and her hubby got to go to Old Trafford to watch England. The last time I looked after my niece was a total disaster as she wasn't in a good mood at all and I was sort of dreading it but this time was an absolute different story.
As soon as I went in the door She had a really big smile on her face. We had a ball, she was dancing and singing whenever any music came on the TV. She has a little book that she loves to look at that she sat on the floor with for absolutely ages. She played with the others building things with the bricks and when it was time to put them away she even helped with that.

My other sister arrived about 10am and we decided to go to the park. Just recently my niece hasn't been very friendly towards her other auntie. It is most likely because it is her that usually babysits so she associates seeing her with her mum and dad going out. This time though she was as happy to see her as she was me. She had a great time on the swings while my nephew was doing all the big boy stuff following DS round.

My niece fell asleep in the pushchair on the way home which meant I was able to get the lunches for everyone else but when she woke she had a whole different change of heart and from her behaviour you would have thought I was her mum and her other auntie was the baby-sitter. She wouldn't let me out of her site, Whenever I got up to leave the room she would start stressing and wouldn't have my sister near....I felt quite bad really as I don't see her nearly as much as my sister does.

The funniest thing was when me and DD went out for chips. My niece was crying as I went out the door and when we came back, as soon as I walked in she was crying and holding her arms out to me...She was a bit happier when I sat her in her chair and she got to share our chips.

Once she was tucked up in bed it gave me chance to spend a little quality time with my nephew. We did some colouring together and then a few games of connect four...Me carefully making sure he won as many games as he lost. I believe that although it is good to let them win, you have to teach the children about losing too.

My sister and hubby came home about 11pm...(England won by the way)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home