Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Broadband - Oh how we take it for Granted...

Before I start I want to say a belated Happy Birthday to my blogging inspiration DA. I first got excited by Corinne's writings as her alter ego Ladybyronette and now for the past year I have been excited and inspired almost every day by her posts on Distant aggravation.
I did have a much longer entry prepared for publishing on Saturday but I have been Internetless since Saturday morning.

We were attacked by the Spy Sheriff virus along with several of its little friends and after taking all day to get rid of the bugger I was left with no internet connection and no access to my emails (Although curiously enough, I was able to connect to MSN)
After staying up most of the night both Saturday and Sunday I finally managed to work out that I had to change the proxy settings to connect at all. It is only just this evening that I have been able to connect to my email server after finding that it is my firewall and AV that was stopping me. This means I have to find new programs from now on to make my computer safe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had been wondering where you were Jen! Welcome back to the land of the internet and keep that computer safe! x

1/2/06 2:07 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Glad to see you back Jen...I'd started to get fidegty about the fact you hadn't updated!

And thank you for the happy blog birthday!

1/2/06 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home