Sunday, February 12, 2006

Pongy tasting chocolates

You may have learned by now that I am not a big drinker. As my sister(A) said last night, I really have to be in the mood and it seems that last night was definitely a night that I was in the mood for a good booze up. Normally I am watching the clock and dying to get out of there but I couldn't believe it when it was approaching 3am and I was the last to leave (Alright there was D too but I needed to wait for her as I didn't have enough money for the cab)

I had decided to treat the kids to McDonald's on the way as we had some vouchers. 2 meals for £3.99 and buy 1 get 1 free Big Macs. With all my success with the Paul McKenna program, I was full after one Big Mac so I took the other one with me...(Had it for breakfast this morning)
By the time we reached the House the party was in full swing and packed to the rafters. Luckily I knew everyone there or I would have felt a little out of it.

The evening truly did whizz by. I was a little upset that my neice didn't want anything to do with me. I think it was a little overwhelming for her and she spent most the evening clinging to Mum or Dad.

I think I lost control on the food front at around 11pm...I didn't go mad but what I did have sent all my cravings mental. It was about 1am when I suddenly got the chocolate cravings. I had been offered chocolate earlier in the night but resisted so B-i-l found me choc biscuits (The adorable Rocky bar with caramel) He also brought out a box of irish cream truffles which the birthday girl decided she couldn't eat because they tasted pongy (hence the title)

I think I must have downed the entire bottle of Vodka that I took with me - may be due to having to drink out of a pint glass - When I got up this morning to get DD up for her paper round (7.30 am) I had the monster of hangovers. I went back to bed and didn't raise again till almost 1pm.
It must be that Vodka that is lethal....Another party next week, maybe I should change what I drink....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you sympathy Jen, I had a vodka-head too this morning. :-(

12/2/06 9:18 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I am glad someone understands me!!
Hope you are feeling better now though.
I am not going to bother saying I will never drink again as we all know that just won't happen!

I think that I managed to fool my Nan into thinking that I was up and about and not that I was still in bed asleep until the phone rang LOL

12/2/06 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home