Saturday, February 04, 2006

Taxing stuff

I've been tagged, So here goes.....

Four Jobs I've had

Shop assistant in the many retail outlets at the American Adventure. This was fun work as each day you would go into work and be working in a different store in a different part of the park. We would see many hundreds of people in one day and of course once our shift was over, we got free rides *Big Grin*

Checkout girl at the coop. The hardest thing about this job was having to remember all the PLU codes (We didn't have scanners in them days)

Party hostess at McDonalds. This is one of the best jobs I have had. It meant I could be ridiculously silly and no one would bat an eyelid. It also meant that I could skive off a lot of the time.....

Food Bar assistant at a night club. I loved working in Roxys in Sheffield. I had never been in a club and been totally sober before so it was interesting to observe the drunken behaviour of strangers. I got to know the regulars and we had a different theme night each night. It also meant that we could get into all other local nightclubs for free.

Four movies I could watch over and over again.

10 Things I hate about you. I love all American Teen coming of age movies but this is one of my all-time faves. It might have something to do with being loosely based on the Taming of the Shrew or then again it might have something to do with the Gorgeous Heath Ledger.

Back to the Future 2. I love all the BTTF movies but I have to confess to liking this one the most...there is more fantasy and adventure in it.

Love Actually. It's one of those movies that, even though you know what's going to happen, you still can't help yourself hoping that it was all going to be alright in the end. The best part of it is in the Airport when Stacey comes back and gives Sam a kiss.

High Society Might be a weird choice considering the rest of my choices but the whole feel of this film is wonderful not to mention the classics Who wants to be a millionaire and Well did you evah. The Philadelphia story was the original but High society is miles better with the musical element.

Four places I have lived

A 2 bedroomed flat in a block over some shops. You walked in the front door to be greeted by the Kitchen and bathroom and went downstairs to the Living room and Bedrooms.

A 4 bedroomed flat with loads of rooms and more bathrooms over a Chinese take-away and hairdressers is Sinfin in Derby

A student Dorm type flat in Hillsborough Sheffield that had multiple rooms and one Kitchen and bathroom. Soon after I moved in the other residents moved out so I had the whole place to myself for about 6 months so it was great for having guests to stay and the laundry room was free too...

A little 2 bed flat in Ilkeston that had no heating and a broken window and a tiny little bath that we couldn't get into.

Four TV shows that I love

Lost....Has to be the top of the list. A year ago I had never heard of it yet now it dominates my life and I am still left with no answers after seeing the whole of the first season and half the second.

CSI..I could cheat but I won't and put all 3 mutations of this series in one answer. Miami/Las Vegas/New York..Love em all and they all have their own share of eye candy....

House Who would have thought that Hugh Lawrie would make a brilliant American Doctor. I love this show although it always has the same format. Patient comes in with mystery illness, they try lots of diagnoses, patient nearly dies then in the last 10 minutes mystery is solved and patient's life is saved.

Any kind of Property developing shows. Grand Designs, Property Ladder, Location Location Location, How to be a property developer, Homes under the hammer etc.....

Four places I have vacationed

Los Angeles when I was 10 years old. We stayed with relatives in Long Beach California for 3 weeks and all I can remember is the day we went to Disneyland it poured with rain the whole time.

Isle of Wight. My dad was a county Bowls player and we went on a tour of the Island with his team staying in a different hotel each night as my Dad's team played Bowls.

A little cottage in Cornwall cut off from the rest of society. My biggest memory was of my mum telling us we were going on a picnic so I got all my things together and went downstairs to find the picnic on the lounge floor.

Fuerteventura. Our first holiday abroad since my children were born. We went with my sister and her hubby and (then) 7 month old son. It was a great holiday slightly marred by the fact that we flew out the day after the Twin towers and so we were pretty uneasy about the airplane and the 4 hour flight.

Four of my favourite dishes.

Spag Bol...My own home made stuff

Roast Beef and all the trimmings. We don't have it enough as I just can't afford the beef these days.

Good old fashioned Fish and chips with Curry sauce from the local chippy.

Chicken...Anyway, anyhow I will eat chicken in any form it is served up.

Four sites I visit daily.

Griffinchat...I am admin so it is my duty

All the blogs mentioned in my sidebar

Cafepress.com

Uk Autograph collecting forum

Four places I would rather be right now.

Sitting in a pub somewhere drinking Ice Cold lager watching footie on the big screen.

On a beach somewhere - Anywhere that is warm and sunny with golden beaches and clear blue skies and gorgeous blue sea.

Living in some huge £million mansion in the gorgeous Derbyshire countryside

In bed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

I was so close to putting Love Actually on my list - it makes my heart swell! Bizzarely my favourite bit's the final scene between Harry and Karen - it breaks my heart every time.

4/2/06 2:08 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

I was going to put Love Actually too but mainly because Hugh Grant's ass looks good in those trousers...

I do love the scene between Juliet and Mark with the boards though. Awwwwww.

4/2/06 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home