Sunday, April 02, 2006

Class Reunion

10 years ago, parties used to be the regular thing in this house. Back then it was the usual crowd but then they were all young free and single and I had 2 toddlers running around the house.

Last night the old gang all came back together again in my house for an unofficial reunion. Only now it has all changed as they all have partners and babies and toddlers and as mine are older I don't have to worry about them being entertained. It felt quite weird having the house so full of children...I loved it. I put all the toys out in the front room and let them go wild (regretting that now as I am looking at the mess and not looking forward to clearing it all up.) The best thing about it though is that as they are not my kids I don't have to take any responsibility for what they are doing.

It was especially great to see Justin & Lisa again. I think the last time I saw them was a couple of years ago at my sister's house. I know it can't have been much longer than that as I remember her playing Oblivion over and over again and singing it at the top of her voice. They haven't changed at all and it is great to hear that they are finally going to be tying the knot...then they can get on and complete the pack of children at parties...

The interesting thing, it was the first time Tori's hubby had ever been to my house so he seemed mesmerised with all my footie autographs. It made me realise that i don't even notice them any more. It is years since I got any new Footie players in my collection and most of the ones on my wall have moved on from the the teams they were with then...or even retired from the game altogether. That started a little frenzy of everyone looking round to see which players are still at the same clubs...Robbie Fowler and Seth Johnson don't count as they went and came back again.

I don't really know what happened to me last night, I spent so long preparing the food that I didn't eat any of it. I hardly drank much compared to some nights yet by midnight I was throwing up in the toilet. I do know that I was getting very tired of my own voice at times. I think I managed to beat my sister to constant talking final.

I can't even remember everyone going home or even going to bed. When i woke this morning I still had my glasses on and my party clothes and the TV and light were still on too. Banging headache of course....

The food obviously went down well as the table is empty so that makes a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home