Sunday, June 18, 2006

Love and Monsters

Last night I realised that I have definitely joined Corinne in the I love DT club. Although I don't own a David Tennant doll, I would definitely consider one.

Although last nights episode of Doctor Who was a good one and also a very special one, I found myself counting the seconds until the next appearance of the Doctor and Rose. They only made a cameo appearance right at the beginning and then again at the end.

In the Real world, the reason for this is because at the same time they were filming this episode they were also filming the previous double header (Impossible Planet & Satan Pit)
The reason this was rather a special episode though is because the monster - The Abzorbaloff - was designed by a 9 year old boy who entered a competition on Blue Peter
Another aspect that made the episode special was that the Absorbaloff was played by comedian Peter Kay who did an excellent job. The Absorbaloff was supposed to be scary I guess but I just found him hilarious.

Oh are we the only ones that sit here while watching Dr Who and point out stars that have been in other things? DD pointed out another HP connection "It's Moaning Myrtle". I noticed that the characters of Bridget and Bliss were Bobbie and Louise respectively from The Bill and Two pints of Lager and Elton was of course from such things as The Hustle and Green Street.
Not an episode goes by when there aren't at least 2 actors that you recognise and even on Confidential they touched upon this with a montage of the stars had appeared through the ages of Dr Who.

I have found some great DT Wallpapers by the way...In fact I may re-visit this site quite often

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tho i'm not a fan of doctor who at all i found myself watching last night just to see peter kay. He was fantastic! I also think i might of found something new to watch on a sat night.

18/6/06 4:37 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

*whispers* I'm (slowly) working my way through all the screen caps on that DT site. I realised this weekend that I was a lost cause when The Proclaimers were mentioned and my response was 'they're David Tennant's favourite band!' *rolls eyes*.

I really enjoyed saturday's episode - really lovely story, well written and Peter Kay was fantastic. But not enough DT for me it has to be said, though he did steal the show with the line 'Elton, get a spade!'.

19/6/06 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home