Friday, August 12, 2005

Friendly neighbourhood bank manager

Today I managed to banish the woes of yesterday by visiting my bank and actually speaking to someone instead of just ranting about it to all and sundry.....

I will take you back to when this all started when I tried to buy a card reader from eBay...All went swimmingly until I received an email from the seller after I had paid telling me they can't accept payment in GB£......Oh I forgot to mention I was buying it From Canada...(that'll teach me to read the listings properly)....So with the payment cancelled I waited for the new invoice to come from them. The new invoice didn't come and to my horror the cancelled £10.99 went out of my account on Monday, along with a charge of £35 on account of there being no funds in the account. So that left me Overdrawn with the knowledge that although I had some money going in, I also had my phone bill about to go out too!!!

So today I put my sweetest smile on and went to visit the bank. The young man I saw was wonderful....He understood my plight totally although admitting to not really understanding eBay/Paypal...(I see his point) He refunded my £35 and stopped another payment for me so that I now have enough money to take my children to the pictures and go to KFC afterwards.....SORTED!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home