Sunday, August 21, 2005

Several years ago I had a friend who was more like a member of the family. She was such a big part of our lives really that she was more like an extra sister...I am sure my children must have seen her more as another auntie.
Then something changed and she wasn't in my life aymore...I still wonder if I made a big mistake, 5 years on and a big chunk has gone from our lives and we just seem to be getting to know each other again.

I am asked every so often what happened. Why did i suddenly seem to shut her out of my life? I thought I had the answers..There was a lot going on in my head at the time....She had just come out of a long awful relationship and at the time I was quite relieved that she had got rid of someone that I saw as a limpet. I don't think anyone ever knew what she was doing with him. He was never good enough for her and she could have done so much better. Soon though she had met someone else...Everyone said it was a rebound thing and it wouldn't last but it seemed to be going way too fast. I took an instant dislike to him. Don't ask why, it was one of those things when you just get a feeling about someone. Again i thought he was no good for her. I wasn't the only person that felt this way and I just couldn't seem to feel happy for her.....

So before I knew it 5 years have passed..They seem to be very happy and they have a lovely daughter. I feel sad that her little girl is growing up and doesn't know me. When DS was that age she was a big part of his life and that makes me sad.
I have decided it is time to put the past behind us and try to get along again. What ever I felt in the past about her husband, I am trying my hardest to get along as he seems to be making an effort with me and my kids. He has a big family and parties are a bit mad but everyone has a good time and it beats sitting at home bored and lonely......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home