Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sports night

Interesting evening tonight. (After my little strop earlier)
My sister and her works netball team were in a little tournament at a leisure centre in the city. DS is staying over his friend's house so me and DD went along to watch.

It is a long time since I played netball (Played GK for my school team until I was about 15) so I had forgotten how exciting it can get and how physical it can be.

The tourny started at 7pm and my sister's first game was 7.15. As there were so many teams, each game was only 12 minutes long but there was a lot of play in that short time. Scores were very high

Unfortuantely Our team (as we came to affectionately call it ) lost the first 2 games but with each game they became more confident and played better. They won the last game 6-3 and I think they were very pleased with themselves....It wasn't enough though and they didn't get through to the finals.



It was 9.40pm by the time we left the centre so DD and I went to Maccy Dees and then got a cab home

I really enjoyed watching but not sure if I am quite up to re-starting my Netball career ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home