Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Target setting

3 times a year we have to traipse up to school for target setting day. Basically for anyone without teenage kids, this is where the form tutor goes through their grades with you. They show you first at what grade they finished last term, what grade they are up to now and then what grade they are expected to reach by the next term (The target, if you will).
So the kids get the day off school and then we get an appointment to go up at some point during the day. Now this has always been quite easy before with only 1 child at the school but I knew that now they are both there, something would go wrong.

DS had an appointment for 2.15 and DD had one for 2.45...Plenty of time in between for getting from one classroom to the other......(you'd think wouldn't you)

I ended up in a bit of a rush as I had to go pick up DS first and I really hadn't given myself enough time...Anyway, we reached his allocated room with a couple of minutes to spare but to my dismay, the previous appointment was only just going in...So we waited....and waited...AND WAITED!!! Half an hour...When I was called in I only had a couple of minutes until my next appointment.
Well shouldn't have worried as they didn't have the data ready anyway....NOW WHAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THAT???!!!!

The form tutor just told me that he was a good boy and didn't get into trouble and he has 100% attendance and was never late...Well I knew all that anyway. So I was in and out in 10 minutes (Apparently ds tells me that the girl in front was one of the naughty ones and is always late or not there so that is why she got a half an hour and we got 10 minutes)

DD's appointment was totally different. I have always liked her form tutor. He takes a great interest in all his pupils and is very enthusiastic. As she is in year 9 now I have gotten to know him quite well and he is always raving about DD.
He showed me the printout of her progress this year. She has reached or exceeded most of her targets (Those not reached are subjects that she doesn't particularly like but will most likely drop next year anyway) She is expected to get grade 6s or above in most of her SATs even achieving 7s in a couple of subjects.... I am very proud of her...As is her form tutor.

Thanks God I don't have to do that again until January though LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home