Monday, February 13, 2006

Lovin the Monkeys

When I wrote this I thought that the Arctic Monkeys would be a One-hit wonder. However I have had the album on repeat today and I am totally in love with them now. Not to mention that they now have the fastest selling debut album of all-time!

I think a small part of the appeal is the total Northern sound to the songs. There is no pretention in there at all and I love it. It actually makes me feel home-sick for Sheffield especially in Red light indicates doors secured where they actually mention Hillbsorough where I lived for a while in the 90s.

I have also voted for them in the Breakthrough artist category in this weeks Brits...not least because if they actually win the Brit award, Noel Gallagher owes Jo Whiley £50!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to your blog Jen! Just reading about your week has exhausted me!

26/2/06 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home