Friday, March 10, 2006

It could be you!

I don't play the lottery very often. Most of the time it is because I don't have a spare pound or because I just forget to go and get a ticket. I do usually try to remember when there is a rollover though. It is a bit of a silly idea really to think you have more of a chance when it is a rollover as surely more people think this and so there are more players than on a normal prize night.

So for the first time since it started doing mid-week draws, I bought a ticket on Wednesday night with a lucky dip line and my normal numbers line. I forgot about checking it on the night though and only remembered last night when DD was on the computer and I was waiting for the tea to cook.

Well I actually did a little dance when I saw I had 3 numbers...I really thought my luck was in.....until I checked again.......and found I actually had 4 numbers!!! It is the first time I have ever won more than a tenner...I couldn't get to the shop quick enough - only to be told I have to go to town and claim it at the post office as he can only pay out on the £10 prize. So why am I still sitting here when I should be on my way to town????

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Congratulations on your win - hope you've been and collected it by now. Enjoy spending it :)

10/3/06 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Jen, I've never won more than a tenner either. Treat yourself to something nice. :-)

10/3/06 6:23 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks :)
My sister sent me an email earlier today saying that we have got tickets to see Will Young in September so I guess that is where some of it is going :)

10/3/06 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home