Sunday, March 05, 2006

Excuse me, Is your name Jennifer?

It is absolutely months since I went out with my sisters. November I think it was. They have been out together without me last month when I had no money but I was desperate to get out so We had a night out Saturday.
It was to be nothing special so we just went to a couple of local pubs.
The night started off well in the first pub, I spilt my pint all over the place before I even sat down.
In the second pub I had a bizarre experience. Me and A were having this conversation about websites and HTML coding amongst other things (Which was going over D's head) This woman came up to me and said "Excuse me, is your name Jennifer?" I recognised her straight away (Although I couldn't remember her last name) She had been in my year at school...This meant that it was actually 20 years since the last time we saw each other. I couldn't believe it. She hadn't changed at all - except for maybe looking a lot older and obviously as she remembered me I can't have changed much either. We chatted a while about what we have been doing since school but then she got a phone call so I nipped off to the loo and when I came back she had gone. It's shame as I would have liked to have swapped numbers with her.

We moved on then to our final pub. I was quite surprised as usually it is packed to the rafters but it was very quiet. We were able to sit at a good table near the bar. My second bizarre experience of the night happened as A&D went to the bar. A party of people dressed in fancy dress came in. I thought it was a hen party but they were raising money for the Baby unit. One of the party came over and said to me "Is your name Jennifer *******" Can you believe it, yet again someone from my year at school who I haven't seen for 20 years and even more odd is that she has the same first name as the woman from the other pub. We chatted for a few minutes and she told me that earlier that night she had seen a bunch of lads also from our year. I shuddered as she mentioned 1 name. My old secondary school crush.....OMG!! What would I do if he walked in? Would he recognise me? Would he come over and chat? Would I recognise him?
Unfortunately I never got to find out as they never did walk in. I was partly relieved and partly disappointed.

We left there about 1.30am. D had had enough alcohol about an hour before and was in need of food.
We stepped out the pub to find huge falling snow flakes and a carpet of white on the ground. In the chip shop we ordered our food which seemed to take forever - perhaps because they seem to take your orders but don't actually do anything about it, so after 10 minutes we reminded them that they actually have to cook the food for us.....A said that there was no way she wanted to walk home in the snow so D phoned a taxi.....Maybe I should let her post a comment and explain what happened but needless to say we won't be using that taxi firm again.
When our food was eventually all ready, we managed to flag down a Yellow cab to take us back to A's house where we all tucked in and the kids were grateful for the chips I had brought them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home