Friday, February 17, 2006

And the winners are?....

A few years ago I would have been counting down the days until The Brits were on TV. On the night I would watch all the footage and record all the before and after show action...I even have all the tapes still stocked up in the loft.
I lost interest for a couple of years though. Music in Britain became stale...Every year the categories would be filled with the same old same old and there would be no imagination. I gave up watching it and didn't even bother listening out for the results.
This year though I was looking forward to the Awards - Just a pity I only got to see the first hour as I couldn't miss my other shows (Hotel Babylon BBC1 9PM; House Five 10PM)

It was great to see The Kaisers getting a couple of their awards and to see them open the show with a fantastic performance. Prince was a bit boring, he seemed to go on forever (As they are The Brits awards I really think that they should have all Brits performances)

I can never get over seeing James Blunt. As he walked up to accept his award, he just looked like some guy in the audience, or even a roadie who definitely shouldn't be front of house. Then when he speaks, his voice is so far removed from the way he looks and the way he sings that it is all a bit of a mind spin. I loved Beautiful and High but if he was going to release another single, I would go for the cover he did of Lemar's Justice on the Live lounge last week. It was so much better than Lemar and so different to his own stuff. (Sorry not a big Lemar fan)

I was very disappointed with Coldplay...I only really watched them to hear if he really did say Chris Moyles in the middle of the song...I am sure he did but I guess we will never know for sure. I didn't know the song and although Chris Martin is full of energy on stage it really helps to have some recognition of the songs.

Hopefully it will be repeated again so I can see it all the way through as I would love to see Paul Weller

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

I only watched Coldplay for that too and am definately with Dom on that one.

I spent the night running between our tv in the lounge that had the Brits on and Kirst's tv upstairs to watch the Five sport match analysis - partly because Boro were playing, partly because Mr Colin Murray was doing the analysis. Incidentally, big up the Boro! Get in.

17/2/06 9:31 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

I'm another one with Dom - I was yelling at my radio about it! And I'm glad I'm not the only one to be freaked out by Blunt's voice *rolls eyes*

17/2/06 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home