Monday, August 28, 2006

Fish and Chips by the sea

All through the holidays the one thing that has kept us all going has been looking forward to our trip to the seaside.

Just like last year we decided to go to Rhyl. We panicked a bit a couple of weeks ago because they have changed the schedules so we had to go on a Saturday instead of Sunday. Unfortunately Ange decided that they wouldn't be able to make it after all as she has too much to do so it was just Me, Debz, DS, DD and her friend.

The journey there was very smooth. No problems with the trains and we arrived at about 12.15 which gave us a good 5 hours to have fun. We all went for lunch first before we split up and went our separate ways.



I felt a bit sorry for DS as he went off all on his todd but he seemed quite happy. I wouldn't have minded him tagging along with me and Debz as we would probably be spending most of our time in the arcades anyway.
Well actually we did spend most of our time (and money) in the arcades. We love the 2p machines you see. You know the money fall kind of games? You put your 2ps in and a slider pushes it into a big pile with all the rest. If you are lucky it will be the one that topples all those hanging over the edge.


These days you have the added bonus of all the little prizes that are also inside the machine. This is what drives me on as I would be playing for the keyrings and if I stood there all afternoon and put £'sworth of 2ps in I wouldn't stop until I got what I wanted.
I did quite well in the end I got an England flag keyring, a cheap looking Bart Simpson keyring, A dolphin keyring, a squashy stress reliever keyring and a spiky ball keyring. Debz also gave me 2 cheap metallic looking ghost keyrings as she didn't want them.



We took a break from the arcades for a bit and went round the shops (I have a special blog entry to make about that) then we decided to go and have a sit down for half an hour in the pub.

This isn't somehting I am used to doing usually. Since I have had the kids I have not really been able to go for a drink on a day out but as it was just the 2 of us I thought it wuld be nice and our feet were killing us so we needed to give them a rest too.

At 5pm we met up with the children. Debz had promised ice creams so they went for ice cream and Deb decided to treat herself to a burger. I was seduced by the smell of donuts so I bought myself 5 donuts for £1.50 (No I didn't eat them all at once)

Posting this now but will finish tomorrow as I have lots more to tell you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home