Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Whoodoo? What Whoodoo??


So last night was Stockport County Vs Derby County in the first round of the Carling cup.
In the previous 4 years Derby have played lower league opposition in the first round and lost.

I wasn't expecting miracles. So far this season we have lost won and drawn and the new manager Billy Davies has been making a lot of changes. I have to admit that I was listening only half heartedly to the commentary on BBC Radio Derby and I was prepared for the disappointment of what was to come. They seemed to play well in the first half and scored courtesy of Club captain Michael Johnson.

Of course as usual they played a totally different game I the second half and listening along it was only a matter of time before the other team equalised then sneaked another for the win. So imagine my surprise and Great Joy when the final whistle went and The Rams were declared victors. Through to the second round and looking forward to a good run this year with perhaps a visit to Stamford bridge or Old Trafford or maybe even a visit to the new Emirates stadium on the cards. I hope I am not jinxing it by saying that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home