Tuesday, August 29, 2006

...Will be delayed by 20 minutes

So we have had a lovely day by the seaside, we were knackered and our feet hurt so we decided to go get the 17.43 train home. I knew it would be a long journey as we had to change at both Chester and Crewe.

We got into Crewe with 15 minutes to spare so we ambled to the platform. So as the time went by the train was nowhere to be seen and an announcement came over the tannoy that it would be 20 minutes late. I really needed to sit down and as time went by even more there were more and more people arriving at the platform for this train that was just going to Crewe. half an hour later and the platform was filled with loads of drunken people. These weren't drunken football yob either. It was well-dressed people who I would have guessed had been at the first day of the races at Chester.

Finally the train arrived and the people all crammed onto it. It was full of drunks. We didn't get to sit down at all and there was loads of noise and swearing and drunken singing. I was very embarrassed by it all and added to the fact that I was exhausted and desperately needed to sit down so this made the whole experience even worse. For some reason the train wasn't moving we guessed that the alert of cleaners meant that someone had thrown up somewhere on the train but it seemed an age until the train finally got moving. I had to face facts that we had most likely missed our connection from Crewe.

When we finally reached Crewe at 19.30 we found we had missed our train home and the next wasn't until 20.50
What do you do in a dirty old train station when you are all exhasusted and hungry and spent up? Not a lot I can tell you...

It was about 10.30pm when we finally got home. Sausage cobs for everyone then a bit of CSI on the TV before all crashing out. Believe me, I didn't see much of Sunday

1 Comments:

Blogger Sibri said...

Hi Jen... I didn't even know you blogged!!!

I don't have internet access anymore at home... had it switched off in June!!! and I've been on holiday from work for 3 weeks!

Now, I can read all about your world!!! yaaay!

30/8/06 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home