Wednesday, August 24, 2005

We're going to the zoo zoo zoo.........




Several months ago it was decided that we would do something different for my sister's birthday this year so a family trip to Drayton Manor was planned......Of course all those months ago,we had no idea it was going to be torrential rain on 22nd August....

So you're soaking wet,what is the first thing you do when you arrive at a theme park??? Go on the Log Flume of course...Or as Drayton Manor call it, StormForce 10 - The UK's first reverse shute water ride!! As the park had only just opened we didn't have to queue. Myself, DD and my sister walked straight on. Well we were soaked before we went on but boy were we like drowned Rats when we came off!!!
Our next ride was the New G-Force. DD opted not to go on this one a it was a little scary looking so we left our bags with her and went in. It looked like there were no queues but once inside there was an hour wait. The whole time I was wittering about leaving DD outside all on her own, not knowing how long we were going to be...After over an hour waiting the ride itself lasted 25 seconds...I came away relieved but satisfied that I had done it...Needed my inhaler though...That worried me a little, I have been excited by rollercoasters all my life and never affected physically by it...I even went on the Corkscrew at Alton Towers when I was 5 months Pregnant.

After a toilet break we met up with the rest of the family for lunch. It was still raining at this point and we were hoping that it would stop soon so we could a least go round the zoo.

We had a great afternoon despite the weather. There was an attraction called the Pirate Adventure which my little nephew Joe wanted to go on. It was a little boat ride which you could take folded pushchairs on so we thought it would be nothing too exciting...yet because it mentioned a small water chute, DS wouldn't go on. So we left him behind as we all got on the little boat. The water chute right at the start of the ride was a little unexpected...It was quite steep considering my sister had my baby niece in the front of the boat. After that though it was snooze city...a long drawn out ride with animitronix pirates on either side of us.

We did get to go round the zoo, although it was still raining and a lot of the animals seemed to be staying inside.
We did see the Monkeys, they were very active and there was quite a fight breaking out.

We then paid 50p each to go round the Dinosoar exhibition. DS got his picture taken with a Triceratops. My niece seemed to really love the Dinosoars. There was an inside bit that was like a cave and then the bigger animals were outside...I think we al learned some things we didn't know about Dinos.

There weren't many animals to see. We were looking forward to seeing the Black Panther but unfortunately she had died in April.
We did see the Penguins though and the 2 gorgeous Tigers...

I think the kids had a really great day. The favourite ride was the Golden Nugget ride. I was the only family member not to go on but I believe that you go along in car and shoot a targets. I lost count of how many times everyone else went on....

One of my favourite bits of the day was the Excalibur ride. This was a lovely boat ride being pulled by a dragon. O the boat was a running commentary from the Dragon's point of view as we went around the Excalibur castle. It was a shame it was the end of the day as I would have loved to go on it again.

This was my first visit to Drayton Manor and although the weather was bad to start with, I thoroughly enjoyed it and the kids all had a Brilliant time...I think we shall definitely be going back sometime!!!

If you want to see the rest of my pics from Monday you can find there HERE in my Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home