Monday, September 05, 2005

Come on England!!!!!

After my rather disturbing awakening.....I had planned a great afternoon of eating and drinking and slobbing on the sofa...first watching England footie team play Wales and then Scotland play Italy. I had to ring my sister to tell her about my Grandad and she asked me about the footie. Soon enough all my hopes for a lazy Saturday were dashed when she told me that the game wasn't actually being shown on the BBC as I had hoped and it was only on Sky Sports!!!! BUGGER!!! that would mean my only option would be to listen to it on the radio..."Well." she said, "You could come and watch it here." ...Well yes I could but It was past noon already and I was still in my Pyjamas, Could I really be bothered to get dressed and walk all the way over Town to her house??? but when she said that it would just be her and my bay niece, I decided I may as well go over and keep her company.

I rang DD who was in town with her friend and told her instead of coming home to go to her auntie's and we would meet her there. I gathered up the pizza,wedges,Pringles,dips and Beer that I had bought and DS and I got a taxi over there..I was far too tired to walk all that way.

The match was pretty average as it goes..The first half England had lots of possession and spent most of the time in the oppositions goal but there weren't any goals. Finally Joe Cole scored and we thought that would open the flood gates for a few more goals but it never happened. England won the game and that gave us 3 more points for the WC cup qualifying group and put us in 2nd place in the table.

I didn't see the rest of the games for the day...We headed outside to sit and chat and drink more alcohol.
My other sister arrived and it was to the store to buy more beer....Well actually that would lead you to believe that I got off my arse and went to the shop....We actually sent my brother-in-law to the shop for us as he needed to buy milk anyway (......So he forgot the Milk)

As always when we have had a few, are conversations went round in circles and I can't honestly remember what we talked about.

We left at around 10pm this time though as I thought I was only fair on DD as she still had to get up Sunday morning and we were planning a day out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home