Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Vaccinations and birthdays


Monday was the first birthday of my beautiful niece so I was off there for the day...but first I had to endure my annual flu jab.

When I got to the surgery I was horrified as it was packed out with people. I hate it because you have to sit next to someone you don't know (and more importantly don't know why they are there) and you have to sit opposite people as they try hard not to look at you and you try hard not to look at them.(Then there is the weird old woman in the corner who just stares at you!) I sat there a few minutes and my name was called. I was so relieved that obviously no one else was there to see the Nurse but I couldn't help wondering if some people would be a bit peed off that I had only just walked in and got called in already.

I got into the little room and sat down, I rolled my sleeve up and that was it. The nurse just stuck the needle in and I was done. The most hassle free injection I have ever had I think.

When I arrived at my sister's house the birthday girl was in good spirits. She was playful and giggly. We played pee-po for a while and I gave her one of her pressies which was a Chocolate mousse....Not an actual chocolate mousse that you eat but a cuddly mousse that is not only chocolate coloured but also smells of chocolate....I might even get one for myself as it could be the break I need to get off my chocolate addiction LOL.

As her brother and both her cousins first started to walk on their first birthdays, We gave her lots of walking practice. She is really steady on her feet and can quite comfortably stand unaided without any fear of having something to hold on for as long as she wants but she lacks confidence when trying to walk. She did have a good try and the most that she managed was 4 steps. I am sure it won't be long before she is running round the house terrorising her poor Dad as he tries to do the chores.

My DD & DS arrived from school about 3.30 and all the children spent time playing together before it was tea-time and we had to leave...(My 2 still had homework to get done)

You know, unlike most other times I totally forgot about my jab. It didn't hurt or irritate at all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try working in A&E Jen...for the first year you pick up everything that's going, then thankfully your immune system kicks in!

1/11/05 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just re-phrase that, you don't actually pick up everything that's going...some infections require more interaction than would be considered appropriate in the line of duty!!!

1/11/05 5:10 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hmm..not sure i want to know about that LOL!!

2/11/05 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home