Sunday, July 30, 2006

Being Auntie

Saturday was an interesting one.
The Rams were playing Bolton wanderers in a pre-season friendly and Ange had 4 tickets. I sort of waded in and suggested she take DD with the spare ticket and offered at the same time to babysit for DNiece. DD was on babysitting duty in the evening as they were all off out to celebrate Debz' birthday. (I opted not to go - maybe i will post about that at some time in the future)

I was a bit worried as DNiece can sometimes be very clingy to mum sometimes and as I don't see her as often as I would like I don't think she is totally comfortable with me but I needn't have worried. Having DS with me helped as she loves him and was quite happy playing on the slide with him. We had a little game of kicking the ball to each other and playing skittles with the Fruit shoot bottles then we went inside.

We played Pe-Po for a long time then while I was in the other room she fell asleep on the floor by the front door and that is where she stayed for the entirity of the footie so it meant I could more or less listen to the game on the radio. She woke up about 20 minutes before they came home and i have to say it was the easiest babysitting job I have had.

When they returned from the match (Derby won 2-0 by the way) DS and I made our way home as they were all getting ready to go out and I wanted my tea.

It was really weird that it was the second night this week that DS and I had been the only ones at home. Of course it should have been only me but for some reason DS didn't get a place at camp this year. That would have been really weird...
So I let DS stay up later and we watched Bring it on together...I have seen it loads of times but it is a really good movie and we seem to be having a bit of a season of Kirsten Dunst at the moment. Bring it on again which is the sequel is also surprisingly good although Kirsten isn't in that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home