Monday, September 19, 2005

10 minutes of action

If you remember DS' school were given free tickets to a Derby County league match.
Well that was Sunday. The match was against Southampton and was live on SKY TV. Kick-off was 4PM.
DS and I left at around 2.50. I wanted to be able to walk there at a comfortable pace and not rush. It is a half an hour walk to Pride Park stadium. Through the Park and the hospital, past the train station under the railway tracks and along the side of David Lloyd outdoor pool (Noticed there are big trees there now so no hope of glimpses of gorgeous fit men in their speedos!)

We got into the stadium to find our seats were right up at the back...4 rows from the very top in fact...good job I am not afraid of heights and DS has got over that nosebleed thing from Xmas Xcess 2 years ago...(OMG!!! Is that really 2 years ago??!!!)

Well I am not going to bore you with my attempt at a football report except to say that the first half was absolute boresville...Don't get me wrong...I love footie and I love my SuperRAMS but I was beginning to wonder if they had actually started playing. I did chuckle at my own ignorance though as there was one particular Soton player that the 'ole East stand faithful were booing everytime he touched the ball...I just couldn't make out who it was (In my defence we were so far away from the bloody pitch...) It wasn't until later on in the game when they were singing "Dennis Wise, What a wanker" that I thought to myself...Ooooooh it's Dennis Wise.....Since when did he play for Southampton??? I thought he was player manager or something at Millwall...shows how much notice I take of the sports news these days LOL Anyway he did turn out to be a bit of a Wanker (Well it is only to be expected!!!)

So finally after about 80 minutes of play, the Derby players seemed to realise what they were actually there for. There was a good run of play and it got quite exciting. We got a Penalty which Idiakez stepped up for but it didn't go in....Fortunately the ref asked for it to be taken again and YeeHaa The man scored.....We the were also awarded with a Free kick which was amazingly converted....2-1 and we though it was all over...Until the final minutes when Derby let their guard down and Soton scored again.

So the game ended 2-2. Another point. I am very hoarse now and my hands are swollen from clapping...DS had a good time too which is the most important thing!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home