Saturday, September 24, 2005

Shop shop shopping

Unlike others I have never been one for shopping. I can't bear it. Food shopping I am fine with but clothes, shoes, household stuff..I can do without. So I am amazed at how excited I got yesterday when walking briskly into town.

Our town centre is having a major re-developement and so a lot of the stores in the shopping centre are closing down and moving elsewhere. One such shop is an eclectic kind of gift store. Selling candles, household stuff, novelty lamps, cushions etc....It is the cushions i was getting excited about. They used to be £10 each and they were now 2 for £5. Somehow this was really getting me going. I had always dreamed about having huge cuddly cushions on my sofa but they were always out of my price range but these were going to really liven up my life!!!

Imagine my fervency as I got to the shop and found that the cushions were now £2 each. I must have been in the shop for about half an hour choosing what colour and style I wanted...Oh it was cushion heaven. I chose 2 lovely cream cushions with some latin text on and a gold coloured one with more latin...(I don't have a thing for latin, I promise)
Also while I was in the shop I picked some tea, coffee and sugar jars. The ones I had before were pretty country kitchen style and I had broken a lid on one. These are Silver and fit in more with my new silver/chrome style kitchen appliances. So I left the store with my cushions and my impulse buy having spent £9...Not bad for a woman who hates shopping :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish I hated shopping - like today for instance, when I have come back from town with shoes, a top and a purse I didn't need and really couldn't afford but just knew I couldn't leave the shop without. It's like a disease. But looking at my lovely new turquoise glittery shoes makes me feel much better...

24/9/05 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home