Sunday, September 25, 2005

Who said I was drunk ???

Well I am 35 years old and never been for a Chinese...What's wrong with that? Well When I first met my late husband, he used to get chinese take away all the time but I wasn't a fan and I just stuck to chips.
So tonight my sisters and I decided to go to a Chinese restaurant and have a dignified evening instead of just getting pissed and throwing up. The place was very nice...if not a little daunting. We were a bit unsure of protocol on these occasions. The menu was huge..so much choice for a newbie is not a good thing.
I settled on King Prawn Cocktail for starter and Kung po Pork for the main dish. The Prawns were huge and I could have settled for that as my amin meal. It was very filling.
Then we were each brought a little bowl each...we weren't quite sure why. My sisters had egg fried rice each. So they were brought a little pan of rice between them. I was brought my meal on an oval plate with a big spoon and then my chips in a seperate bowl. We looked around and it became apparent we were meant to put our food in the little bowl. I really liked my Pork. It was very crispy and the sauce was quite sweet, There was some big chunky veg in there especially onion...(Or could be shallots) I do have to say that nearing the end I was having trouble as it was getting a little sickly. I was very full though and I didn't manage to finish the chips at all.

We were very surprised that when we got the bill it was only £41 which between 3 of us was quite reasonable. We decided that £15 each would be fine as we none of us had any change.

It was about 9pm when we left the restaurant so we decided to go to the Pub. Our first choice (Where double vodka and coke is £2.50) was absolutely packed to the rafters. We didn't even manage to get to the bar so we left there and went on to the 2nd choice. It was quite full in there too and the music was so loud. We spent 5 hours in there!!!! I have to say that I don't think I heard half of what my sisters said to me. I am very good at making the right noises and pulling teh right faces but the music was so loud i couldn't join the conversation most of the time. There was a hen party going on and that was still in full swing as we left after 2am.

It is 3.15am now and I must really get some sleep as have to be up at 7.30 to get DD up for her paper round..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home