Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Indeed she does

I was going to comment on Corinne's blog but I decided to blog myself instead.

I agree that every girl should have a mug with her name on (And I would design myself a nice one from CP if I wasn't so sure that it would turn up in a million little pieces) I had a very nice mug with my name on once - also from Sheffield - but on this occasion it wasn't as nice because the name was JENNY.

All my life it has totally pissed me off that I would introduce myself to someone as Jennifer and then rather insultingly they would refer to me as Jenny for the rest of eternity. I wouldn't have minded so much if they had asked me (Although I certainly wouldn't have given them permission to be referred to with such a hideous name) but no one ever does. I even had name badges made up at various different workplaces with that horrid name on and although i would complain and stamp my feet I couldn't get it changed. So the domino effect happens, Everyone after that will address you that way. I couldn't turn round and say anything because they would just say "Well that's what it says on your badge."

To me a vision of someone called Jenny is one of it girls in riding hats and Jodhpurs (No offence if you are called Jenny)

So that is why from now on I introduce myself as Jen, It is what my sisters call me anyway and I would much rather be called Jen then Jenny anyday.
So if you do slip into the Jenny trap...Be ready to face my Wrath!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home