Thursday, May 11, 2006

Today I grew up a little bit more...

Today I finally am able to join the rest of society.

One of my biggest bugbears for ages was my bank (After 6 years of my custom) still refusing to give me a debit card although my account stays in the black these days. Several times I have asked them very nicely (And then not so very nicely) to let me upgrade but the stupidest thing...You still have to be credit scored for a debit card...Even though you can only spend what you have in the account. My sister is also in the same boat as me and she is working in the very same job that she has been in now for the last 4 years and they still won't give her a debit card!!!

So you see this makes it very difficult for me (And Debz too) People are always saying "Why don't you do it online?" Well I could if there was a little slot maybe in the modem where you can post the cash to pay for it.

This always made it extra difficult when trying to organise going to gigs. I always had to rely on other people to book tickets and hotel rooms for me which is why I would get so upset when I was left out of plans as it meant I couldn't go as I couldn't do it for myself. It made me feel like a little child...In fact it has always made me feel like a second class citizen. Don't get me wrong, I love going Supermarket shopping but I never manage to get everything because of having to lug it all home...I can't imagine how much it would improve my life if I could just order a months worth of catfood from ASDA and have it delivered to my door (Now you think I am messing about? I am serious about the catfood!!)

So back to today. I finally received - In my hand - My very own Mastercard with the England flag on all ready to go out and spend spend SPEND!!!!
Of course, it isn't an actual Mastercard, It is a Pay as you go type card. For all intents and purposes it is a credit card but I have to keep it topped up to be able to use it. This means though that I don't get into debt as the money is already there. What it means most importantly now though is that I can do all my shopping online and when and if another gig comes up that I want to go to (Be it JK & Joel or Alistair Griffin...or any other artist for that matter) I can go online and book my own train tickets and hotel accommodation and I don't have to rely on anyone else!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

congrats on your debit card!!!

15/5/06 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home