Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lets Skate

One of DD's resolutions this year was to go ice skating. Last year we were hoping to go to the large outside rink in Brum at Christmas but we never got there. She decided that she wanted to go for her birthday treat. So yesterday we got up early and caught the train to Notts as that is where the nearest Ice Centre is located.

Years ago before I had the children, me and their dad used to go ice skating all the time. We were lucky as we lived near the rink in Sheffield. Every time I would get on the ice and spend most of the session just going round the sides but by the end of the hour I would have built up my confidence and be skating round like a pro. Thing is that never followed on to the next time so I only ever spent about 10 minutes actually skating.

The kids have never been ice skating before so this was going to be something very dofferent for them.
DD seemed to take to it well, only after being on the ice a few minutes she could let go and skate off.


DS took a little longer and managed to fall down a couple of times before finding his confidence and balance. He was skating without the help of the sides after about an hour


Me? Well i didn't manage to find my confidence this time. I managed to get all the way round 1 and a half times but my feet and legs were throbbing so much that I decided to call it a day. I was quite happy with my achievements though. I would like to go and give it another try sometime.

After skating we went for lunch at Pizza Hut. All you can eat Pizza buffet for £3.99 is just the thing. Then we had a look around Nottingham before catching the train home in time for the Germany V Sweden game.

We did have a little treat though. Greggs have some special world cup cakes on offer and I couldn't resist this gorgeous Apple Danish with the Endland flag on the top




The kids got these cute little cup cakes with England flags on the top too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home