Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's all in the game


When it comes to Cup football and Derby County, you don't usually get very excited. It was quite a surprise in the last round of the Carling cup when we (The Rams that is) beat Stockport County 1-0.

Round 2 was yet more lower league oppostion and yet more hesitance to get excited. Not that I don't support my team 100% but if you don't expect anything you don't get disappointed.
After an hour of play Derby were losing 3-0 and we knew it was curtains as far as this cup run was concerned - Fast forward to 94 minutes and we were drawing 3-3 after one of the most exciting 30 minutes of cup football this season ;-)

Going into Extra time Derby were down to 10 men as Lupoli had been sent off for 2 stupid yellow cards and it was obvious (From what the commentators were saying) that Doncaster were playing for penalties.

OMG I don't whether it is worse watching a penalty shoot-out of just listening to it. After 5 brilliant well-taken pen from both teams it was down to sudden death. I couldn't breathe and my stomach was in knots...I daren't move in my seat - 6 all, 7 all...Then the end came when Lewin Nyatanga scuffed his shot and sent it wide. The most annoying thing then happened cos normally in a penalty shoot out, when someone misses - the next player usually misses too but not of course when It is Derby.

So we are out of this year's cup run - Bring on the FA cup that is what I say!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home