Friday, September 15, 2006

Save the last dance

The Only Person You Need To Be Is Yourself.

I think I have proved in the past that I am a big soppy wuss when it comes to movies. Thursday night though I seem to have surpassed myself.

I finally got to see a movie I have wanted to see for ages. Save the last dance - which stars one of my favourite American teen/coming of age/RomCom actresses - Julia Stiles

I was prepared that I might cry at some point during the story but it seemed to come at the times when nothing much emotional was going on and the floodgates just opened for me.

The movie is about a girl who is auditioning for a place at Juliard as a ballerina when her mother is killed in a car accident. She gives up dancing and has to move to Chicago to live with her father on the South-side where it is mainly a black population. She meets a nice black guy who is hoping to get away from the crime and become a doctor. I think that one line in the dialogue probably describes it better than I can when Julia's character Sara says
"We spend more time defending our relationship than actually having one"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home