Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Monday - Fish & Chips by the sea

The plan for Monday morning was to get up and go have cooked breakfast in the camp restaurant.
It was a pretty good deal. A full English breakfast or a full Veggie breakfast for £1.95. As always DD didn't fancy owt to eat but DS had the Veggie which consisted of Omelette, hash brown, Mushrooms, tomatoes and Beans. We had to wait a while as the Omelettes were cooked fresh to order and it took them so long that they forgot that I had asked for no beans. He left the beans but he loved the rest of it.

My Full English was 2 rashers of Bacon, 2 Sausages, scrambled Egg and Beans. I really enjoyed it and it set me up for the day.

After Breakfast I decided it would be nice for me and the children to go into the local town of Filey and have our first visit to the beach to remind us we are actually by the seaside.
We had a lovely stroll through the town. It is only a small town and could be covered in less than half an hour. There wasn't a lot to see so we decided to find our way to the sea-front. It was a very long and windy hill but we finally saw the beach. The sun had come out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I had put my big coat on but I was sweltering as we walked along the front. There were lots of people on the beach. It wasn't quite sunbathing weather but there were lots of kiddies in their wellies with their buckets and spades building big sandcastles.

One thing I always had instilled into me was that we must support the RNLI. My Mum grew up in a small fishing town on the Norfolk coast and I know that she lost many friends through the Lifeboat service. Both my mum and my Nan would always make sure that we gave to the Lifeboat service when traveling to any seaside town. So I made sure that I passed this onto my 2 as well. We had a look round the tiny Filey Lifeboat shop. I bought a pen as a souvenire and DS bought a pin badge. DD also bought herself a Pen too.

There was quite a good amusement arcade next to the Lifeboat station so we went in there for a while (Of course I had fogotten my bag of 2ps)

We were getting pretty hungry by now so I offered to get Fish and Chips from the gorgeous smelling take away stall next to the arcade. Me and DD had Fish and DS had a battered Sausage. We sat on a wall on the front and looked out to sea while we ate. It was a fantastic afternoon. The tide was out though and you could walk for miles without meeting any water.

Before long I knew I had to face the steep hill back upto the town if we wanted to get home.
We had another look round the town to but rock andsouvenirss. I also had to write my postcards and send them to make sure they arrived before I got home.
We found a Birds cake shop and I treated us to cream cakes. DD and DS also got themselves Cheese & Onion pasties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home